13 August 2012

Boxing and unboxing with Example

Boxing:
Boxing is the Process of Converting a Value Type to the type Object.
Store a value type in the Garbage-Collection.

    Unboxing:
                  Unboxing is a explicit conversion from the type object to a Value Type.
    Checking the object instance to make sure that it is a boxed value of the given value type.
    Copying the value from the instance into the value-type variable.
     
    Boxing Example:
    Int i = 123; // a value type
    Object o = i;
    UnBoxing Example:
    Int i = 123; // a value type
    Object o = i;
    Int j = (int) o; // UnBoxing
    use of converting values:
    based on your requirement.
    For Example: I want to display a value in MessageBox.If my My value data type is Integer.So I want to convert that value into string .
    Ex:
    int i=10;
    MessageBox.show(i.Tostring());
    So I get a integer value into string

    No comments: